Neuron soundware won the ABB Open Innovation Award for Predictive Maintenance solution
Neuron soundware won the ABB Open Innovation Award for Predictive Maintenance. From more than 1100 startups from around the world, Neuron soundware was awarded as the Best for Predictive Capabilities thanks to its complete solution, including AI platform, product in a box concept, and range width.
Neuron soundware was invited by ABB Measurement & Analytics to take part in the first ABB Measurement & Analytics Open Innovation Challenge. The Open Innovation Challenge called on technology start-ups from around the world to help identify and develop new technologies that could potentially be deployed by ABB as part of its service portfolio to help customers meet their predictive maintenance, safety, and environmental challenges.
Neuron soundware was shortlisted by more than 1150 startups from around the world. Together with the other five most innovative startups, Neuron soundware was invited to an ABB boot camp in the Ossuccio factory. During the boot camp at the new Customer Experience Center (a global center of excellence for pressure measurement, ready for the IoT era with protocols for digital communication), the startups have been collaborating with ABB experts and further developed their ideas.
The KPIs evaluation
The solutions delivered by the teams had to meet technology and performance KPIs as well as business KPIs.
The business KPIs included:
- The quality of information delivered by the solution
- Ease of implementation and set up
- Replicable and flexible to different applications
- Readiness for external integration
The Technology KPIs included:
- Response time for early detection
- Operating effort – reduce recalibration, reconfiguration, software updates
- Range of applications around an operation e.g. pipes, valves, rotating equipment, thermal equipment
- Is the solution intrusive to the application
Three of the six shortlisted groups have further developed their solutions since the event.
Watch the video to see how our Dominik Geiger presented Neuron soundware:
Best in Predictive Capabilities
Finally, two winners of the Challenge were chosen. Neuron soundware won the ABB Open Innovation Award for Predictive Maintenance solution. Neuron soundware was awarded as the Best for Predictive Capabilities thanks to its complete solution, including AI platform, product in a box concept, and range width.
- Quality of information, meaning level of data contextualization and readiness
- Product in a box: flexibility and replicability
- Response time (minutes, hours, days) and early detection capability
- Applicability and range (rotating machines, pipes, valves, thermal equipment)