Escalator Fleet Monitoring
Get ultimate reliability of transportation system through minimized out of service situation with unique machine sound diagnostics using AI.Request ROI Calculation
Get the ultimate reliability of transportation system through minimized out of service situation with unique machine sound diagnostics using AI
„Like all machinery in the transport system, escalators can break down, which can lead to delays in a critical part of the transport infrastructure. We want to embrace digitalization in monitoring our equipment, which is why we chose a solution where sensors collect acoustic data and process it using AI. This allows us to monitor the equipment remotely and send a specialist out if our Neuron soundware equipment warns us of a change in the condition of the escalator parts.”
Head of Transportation System Service
Ing. Petr Vondráček
Transform your maintenance approach with a robust solution for distant monitoring
Start 24/7 automated data collection with easy-to-install sensors and IoT devices. Artificial intelligence processes the data and you read the essential information about the condition of the escalator and specific recommendations for action in the portal.
Maintenance department will receive a strong tool for escalator health condition assessment, real-time upcoming failure detection and related ability to plan efficiently the service and eliminate unplanned downtime.
Easily attached robust sensors
collect data from the asset
Machine behaviour data
evaluated by predictive models
1. Collect sounds and data
2. Convert to predictive models
3. Monitor. Optimize. Assess.
Key elements of Neuron soundware solution
Acoustic & vibration signals
Diagnostics: mechanical & AI
Quick non-invasive installation
Rapid detection 24/7
Award-winning AI team
Various sensors available
Our escalator expertise
- Combining traditional mechanical expertise with cutting-edge acoustic AI for true predictive maintenance in the escalator segment.
- Serial installations on a variety of machines such as compressors, pumps, escalators, etc. with customer references.
- Escalator condition monitoring and assisted alerting developed and deployed over the last 24 months in the Prague subway.
- Defect simulation study in real operations confirming the suitability of our solution for advanced escalator monitoring.
- International collaboration in escalator segment from escalator manufacturers to escalator operators and service companies.
- A comprehensive solution based on industry-proven nGuard platform and nEdge IIoT hardware, ready for harsh conditions.
Defects we can monitor on escalators
The maintenance department will receive a robust tool for real-time upcoming failure detection of monitored escalator and its components and related ability to plan efficiently the service and eliminate unplanned downtime. See in the picture which components of the escalator we can monitor for you.
Comb plate is the element of the escalator that is located at the beginning and end of the escalator. It serves as a transition area between the moving steps meet the fixed landing portion.
- Gravel stuck under comb plate
- Stairway misalignment
- Incorrectly adjusted guide ruler
The gearbox is a set of mechanical gears located between the electric motor and the main shaft of the escalator. Its function is to transfer the torque to the main shaft and to reduce the rotation speed.
- Oil leakage
- Bearing failure
- Gearing failure
The handrail tensioners assure proper movement of the handle belt so that it does not slip or fall due to excessive looseness or, on the contrary, is not over tightened and does not cause increased wear.
- Handrail tensioner pressure too low
- Handrail tensioner pressure too high
Learn more about Neuron Soundware
Take a closer look at our nEdge IoT hardware, nGuard software platform and case studies.
Why Neuron soundware?
Via extremely precise sound analysis and AI, the impact is maximum quality control, safety & compliance, predictive maintenance, thus increasing productivity, energy saving, and reducing downtime and the scrap rates normally associated with manufacturing operations.
Optimize machine availability and quality of output. Reduce maintenance costs and energy consumption
Prevent unscheduled production shutdowns
About 60 % of breakdowns are related to unforeseen events.
Eliminate the high costs of maintenance, and extend equipment lifecycles
Increase production by 5 % to 20%, while improving safety and compliance.
Automate maintenance strategies
Make your maintenance strategies more efficient, digitised and automated. Reduce operating cost by 35 %.